1. DRESS CODE
The rule at the Hermitage is “whites preferred – pastels permitted.” It should be pointed out that while this rule is flexible, it is required that all homeowners recognize that the court is located near our homes. We urge cooperation to maintain high standards of dress on the courts. Sweaters and warm-up suits are not subject to these restrictions.
Proper attire must be worn at all times. Shirts must be worn at all times. Tennis shoes must be worn. No other type of shoe is permitted.
Homeowners are responsible for the dress of their guests. No one is permitted to play if his or her attire does not comply with this Dress Code.
We must remember at all times that our neighbors live near the courts. Accordingly, no shouting, profanity or loud behavior will be permitted. No ball machines are permitted. No radios, cd players, etc. We urge tennis players to cooperate in maintaining high standards of conduct while enjoying oneself to the fullest.
For the present, it will not be necessary to reserve the court. However, the following rules shall apply:
(1) When people are waiting to play, the maximum court time is 1 ½ hours ;
(2) Doubles has priority over singles;
(3) Adults have priority over junior players;
(4) Common sense should be used at all times.
Remember, we do not have sufficient staff to monitor the court, take reservations and enforce rules. Accordingly, it is up to all of us to cooperate with one another.
IV. TENNIS PARTIES
The time, date and length of the tennis party must be approved in advance by the Board of Directors. Request for approval must be sought at least two (2) weeks in advance of the proposed date.
V. COURT HOURS
The tennis courts will be open for play as follows:
Weekdays (Monday-Friday) 7:00 a.m. to dusk
Weekends (Saturday/Sunday) 8:00 a.m. to dusk
Holidays 8:00 a.m. to dusk
The court is locked at all times. The entrance combination is 1526.
VI. GENERAL RULES:
(1) The tennis court shall be used for tennis or paddle ball only. No pets, bikes, skateboards, roller skates, motorized vehicles of any kind or other items that will damage the play surface are allowed.
(2) The Board of Directors has the authority to close the court if, in their opinion, the courts are unplayable due to weather or any other factor.
(3) If it becomes necessary to establish a reservation and/or waiting list program, the Board of Directors, in its sole discretion, may do so.
(4) ONLY RESIDENTS, RELATIVES OR RESIDENTS WITH GUESTS ARE PERMITTED TO PLAY ON OUR COURTS. This rule will be strictly enforced.
(5) The office is not a clubhouse. It is not to be used for telephone calls or to conduct personal business, except in emergencies. It will not be open on weekends or in the evening.
(6) The Board of Directors reserves the right to alter, amend or change these Rules and Regulations as it deems necessary.
(7) Children under the age of twelve (12) are not allowed to use the tennis courts without adult supervision.
Copyright © 2023 The Hermitage Homeowners Association - All Rights Reserved.